Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have an issue with the R32 GTS (GTS-t converted) that I bought recently. Upon first starting the car and driving off the steering will be perfectly light as you would expect but after say 20 seconds of driving it becomes heavier??

It will remain like this until you stop and restart the engine. I have done some searching and people have mentioned issues with HICAS causing this or the speed sender but this car has a speedo cable so not too sure what could be the issue regarding that?

Also, it may be related but the speedo has been converted however it seems to over-read a fair bit?

Any help appreciated as this is starting to get on my nerves a bit, it makes the car feel sluggish and barge like :( Not what I had expected!

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would kinda explain the problem with the over-reading but what about the heavy steering? I'm planning on removing the HICAS anyway so I'm hoping that this may resolve the issue but if anyone has any ideas in the meantime that would be great :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its normal bud, its designed so thatat slow speed you can turn easy and high speed its gets heavier, its the speed angle sensor that reads it and sends the signal to the ecu....keith
I can understand it firming up when getting to speeds of like maybe 50/60MPH+ but not at the low speeds I have been having the problem. What's more, after starting, driving for say 20 seconds and it firming up, even after slowing down it is still heavy? only goes nice and light again after I stop the engine and re-start it :S

Does anybody know where the solenoid/valve is that controls the power steering feel?

Thanks for your posts :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts