Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my r32 for a spin the other day, and it started up fine. And I got the the store fine, but when I was about to park, the engine died. I didn't stall it or anything. I tried to start it but nothing happened. I thought I was the battery but when I got a friend to try to jump start it, it did nothing. We tried unplugging the MAF, checking the fuses, the ignition and everything but it still doesn't start. We were able to push start the car so the engine wasn't frozen or anything. I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of problem, if it might be that the starter isn't working, you can hear the solenoid click when you turn the key. Sorry i'm kind of new to this stuff so any help would be appreciated.

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
You need two people for this but give it a try...
While one person is turning the key (engine is turning over), get the other person to tap the starter motor with a large spanner or similar
If it starts, report back
:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need two people for this but give it a try...
While one person is turning the key (engine is turning over), get the other person to tap the starter motor with a large spanner or similar
If it starts, report back
:)
We tried that, it still doesn't start. We don't know what might be wrong

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also, I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a starter motor that would be compatible with my r32. Another question is that I hear that a s13 starter motor would be the same as the r32. Can someone clarify it for me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts