Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
muscle,tuner,harley
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys does anyone have a link or a how to on replacing the front upper camber arms/ wishbone arms .. i failed my MOT on these bushings so im replacing them with aftermarket arms of course :) how do i go about replacing these arms? cheers for any info or links i couldnt find anything..

they are driftworks front arms so even a how to adjust them would be good as well

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
Here is a thread on non DW adjustable arms. You can see the arms have a thread to screw the ends in and out. Then there is an allen key or something to allow you to lock it in position. They are staggered as you can see in the pic, so you need to note which way the stock ones come out and refit in the same way. Grease them up nicely to try to prevent corrosion. Accurately measure the length of the stock ones and set the adjustable ones to the same length so they will run the same as you were before (until you get your next alignment done). Might be worth jet washing under the arch to get rid of most of the crud before you start, then allow a little drying time.

Ian. :)

·
muscle,tuner,harley
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so thats thread was confusing lol... some people were saying yes to install them offset some people were saying no install them straight.... what would be the best option???

also do both bolts unbolt from the wheel well? or do you have to remove the bracket that the inside part attaches too. to be able to remove the arm :) cheers and thanks for the assist!

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
what would be the best option??? do you have to remove the bracket that the inside part attaches too.
Best option is to take the original one out, noting which way it was positioned. Get your adjustable one on the bench beside it and offset it so it looks exactly like the one you've just taken off. Measure the length of the one you've removed (with regard the bolt holes), not physical length as they're manufactured differently. Then you know you're putting it back exactly how it came out, with the exact same amount of camber.

From memory, jack car up, remove wheel, undo inner bolt, undo outer bolt & slide bolts out, remove camber arm. Then fit in reverse after setting length using a tape measure and firmly tightening the two silver allen key bolts up to stop it coming undone.

Whack some grease on it to stop the elements getting straight in there.

Ian. :D

·
muscle,tuner,harley
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers buddy thanks.. i think on the z32 they have to remove the bracket that attaches to the strut tower to be able to remove the inside bolt... but that could be beacuse there isnt as much room on the z32...

·
Registered
48 Posts
blackett is correct. i just replaced mine a few days ago, although with cusco non adjustable type. i found it easier to remove the coilover first. then undo the camber arm bolts and slap the new one in. the bolts only go threw the arms in one direction so if it wont slide threw make sure you have it pointing the right direction.

·
muscle,tuner,harley
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i installed them over the weekend.. and i think i swapped the two bolts on both sides so i could put them through the other sides... hmmm well hopefully the way i put in the bolts doesnt matter ??? they are torqued down and i dont have any noise or play in them whatsoever? im pretty sure i switched them though...

·
Registered
48 Posts
well if they fit threw that fine, but the hole on mine in the verticle arm connecting the uppper arm to the hub has two difrnt size holes in it and the threads of the bolt will fit through both holes, however only one is large enough for the shaft of the bolt. and for the inboard bolt closest to engine, it obviously can only go in one direction. but you got em in there so i guess you got it right! so no worries.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yep, i tried puttin mine threw backwards on purupose to make it easier to get the bolt in an out. wont work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts