Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R32 GTS-T
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Have had an 1989 HCR32 for about 4 years now, it has been in storage most of that time but have now just started to give it some attention. Bodywork goes: I have just fitted Bomex copy drift kit (Fitted properley with no seams), nascar vent above air filter, removed rear spoiler, BBS split rims and full gloss black respray. The car looks mean as hell and gives it the look i was after for my GTST. Suspension: Not too much going on yet, Blistein shocks which was an factory extra option. Engine: Being honest, not too sure what has been done but it goes really well!! It has an APEXI AF converter, 3" stainless exhaust (Just bought de-cat pipe and cant wait to install it!) and an Apexi power intake. Removed the air con compressor and brackets etc (Saved a few kilos!!!) I do not know if it has uprated ecu or cams yet, history was so vague when it was imported!! Friends have commented that it shifts for a GTST but myself not too sure.... Time will tell!

Well..... I am seeking some guidance from the experts and hope you all can help me in improving this old lady!

I will supply pictures soon.

Thanks all

Glyn

·
Registered
610 Posts
sounds pretty awesome. i wanna see pics! mine runs like it looks... not ugly, but not the prettiest thing in the world... but it can beat a scooby from a dig! thats all that matters

·
R32 GTS-T
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean! Feels really great to piss on their scooby bombfife!! The car turned out really well, after months of fitting the body kit it was deffinately worth the wait. The GTST was lacking a presence about it but now the car looks stockier, lower and wider. I will post some photos soon. I am just researching some engine upgrades to improve performance.

So do you have any plans for your GTST?

·
Registered
610 Posts
some parts are currently on, and some are inbound. i really dont have plans for cosmetics. i guess i prefer a sleeper. ill make it look nice before i sell it...

performance upgrades... got full exhaust and intake, splitfire, chipped ecu, iridium 1 step colder plugs, SAFC II, huge Front mount, boost controller. turbos coming in in a week or so... garrett GT2510 and GT2530. and got a emanage ultimate coming in.

·
R32 GTS-T
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it will be a monster. Do you have any expected bhp figures?

Also, are you still using the stock re-circulating dump valve? I am trying to find out any upgrades for the stock unit and what benifits they would achieve.

·
Registered
610 Posts
im expecting somewhere over 300 but just under 350 to keep my head gasket from giving way. im still using teh stock dump valve. keeps my ecu from getting confused. might get blitz SS or DD after i get the ultimate installed.

·
R32 GTS-T
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Am sure it will do well with them mods! Someone has posted that i will not achieve any performance gain from changing the re-circulating dump valve for an atmospheric............ What do you think??

Treg............... I will have a look, thanks mate.

·
Registered
610 Posts
yea, no need for a swap to atmospheric. u may actually lose power.the stock ecu is not mapped for an atmospheric. if u dump to the atmph, the lambda sensor will wonder where all that O2 went and it'll dump a crap load of fuel into the cylinder... causing an over fuel... stock recirc works wonders!

·
R32 GTS-T
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi All. Thanks for the info Csar60, starting to understand a bit more about them now.

I have been working in Singapore but am now on way home, so pics will be on later this week.

I have bought nice polished stainless de-cat pipe...... Cant wait to fit it, Am sure it will make that RB straight 6 breathe and rumble a bit better......... Still sounds great though!

I am hunting for uprated fuel pump at the moment ready for when new injectors and ecu are bought.

Any sugestions for good upgades and where to get them best price would be appreciated.

Cheers fellas.

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
easy install to. all u need are... screw driver, solder iron and wire, and maybe a razor blade for adjustments. dont be afraid to cut stuff up.
id get an entire exhaust from the elbow, back. then intake, FMIC, boost controler, boost guage, wide band, safc, splitfires, injectors, bigger turbo, then emanage. somewhat in that order... you'll me look at over 300 hp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts