Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching these alot over the last couple of days and one thing that stands out is people wanting more power out of it straight away. I know the Rb20 isn't as powerfull as the rb25 fromt eh r33 but is the rb20 that underpowered that people want more power instantly?

Also post your pics of you R32, im really loving these above all other skylines at the moment.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Think it is skylines in general that you buy and almost immediately want more power :)
The RB20 comes out of the factory with 215bhp compared to the RB25's 250 but it is a lighter car and the engine is revvier. There isn't that much in it although the 33 is definately quicker and easier to get the power level hiked up with an extra 500cc to play with.
Here's mine...

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Darth thats interesting to know. Some of you may have seen a thread i put up about a job change so I can't afford the 32GTR anymore but the 32GTST is appealing alot still. Aslong as it's quicker than a type R because i can't be slower than my mate when he gets an R in january :cheers:

I think to be honest 215bhp would be enough for me to start with, i'll do the whole exhaust and intake upgrade so i'll expect a little more punch. My current car is only 110bhp. I love the real old school muscle car look of the R32, but the prices are just silly for what you get. I seems like I could spend 4-5k and get an awsome model.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
32 gtrs look the best outta the lot - shame they're all getting on now though and conditions may be not be as good :(

bloody love the look though!
I could do a search for this but i'm gonna be lazy. can you get a 32gtr body kit for the gtst, I'd be most interested in the spoiler.
Oh yeah and i don't suppose the insurance would be any cheaper than a 33gtst as it's 30bhp less, guess i'll have to do the ring around.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I could do a search for this but i'm gonna be lazy. can you get a 32gtr body kit for the gtst, I'd be most interested in the spoiler.
Oh yeah and i don't suppose the insurance would be any cheaper than a 33gtst as it's 30bhp less, guess i'll have to do the ring around.
Well that is lazy. Did you look at the pics above? Both cars have the GTR spoiler on them. Mine also has the factory aerokit on it and a Bomex front bumper. Think i'm right in saying that the GTR's front wings, grill, bonnet and bumper can all be made to fit with a little persuasion :)

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers, i knew that was the case with R33's as it gets asked all the time. I think i must be mistaken as i thought the R32GTR spolier looked similar to the 34's, where the two stuts come up from nearer the middle. My bad.
This would be my ideal:

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63939

Loud and looks like it's gonna rip your face off :drool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cheers Darth thats interesting to know. Some of you may have seen a thread i put up about a job change so I can't afford the 32GTR anymore but the 32GTST is appealing alot still. Aslong as it's quicker than a type R because i can't be slower than my mate when he gets an R in january :cheers:

I think to be honest 215bhp would be enough for me to start with, i'll do the whole exhaust and intake upgrade so i'll expect a little more punch. My current car is only 110bhp. I love the real old school muscle car look of the R32, but the prices are just silly for what you get. I seems like I could spend 4-5k and get an awsome model.
don't be so sure it will be quicker than a type r my missus put her foot down at about 35mph in here skoda fabia vrs and i couldn't catch it till about 90mph in my gtst.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine's plain Jane but I love it. 250bhp from just an exhaust, great sound and lots of torque. It's getting there ;)

Personally, I'm happy with the RB20 and wouldn't bother with the swap.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mine has gtr rear spoiler,side skirts,bonnet and grill on it and i think it looks great....
Ah I didn't realise it did, you car does look sweet, i've been looking at so many over the last couple of days i think i've just confused myself :sorry:

Arry you've got a skyline there's nothing plain jane about it, looks sweet.

Interesting comment about the type R, the car i'll get is a skyline doesn't work out is a 98 spec jdm dc2. So in terms of speed it's not all bad then?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts