Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen 3 Differnet type of headlights on the R32's, can someone tell me the differences and what ages they came on.

these are the 3 i've noticed.

you can clearly see the a round ring around the projector where you can't on the picture underneath.

The Round bit around the projector is different,

N1 Headlamps.

sorry if this has been covered before.

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
As far as I've been able to work out, early GTR's came with non-projectors, which looked the same as N1's. GTS-t all came with projectors, and later GTR's came with projectors and N1's.
Not sure if that's accurate, that's cobbled from bits and pieces I read on here recently from older threads when I was trying to find out a related question.

I think the lights in those first two pics are identical. It's just the angle that makes the outer ring harder to see on the 4 door.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, defo not the same mate, as i have two pairs infront of me ;) and i've been saying for ages now there is a differnece....

Look at the second picture, you can see the ring that goes around the projector is larger, and dissapears off the light, so its a broken ring.

This is why i put the thread up, as everyone i speak to says they are the same... but they are defo not.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am suprised i'm the only person that can see the difference, i was talking about this today with someone that swears blind they are the same, thats why i now keep them in stock to show people the difference, i think its like as series 1 and series 2 kinda deal, like many people don't know that the series two gtst runs a different turbo ect.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have heard this before, I'll look and see what lights mine and dads have got, N1's were only ever an option.

Alex B

·
Registered
772 Posts
These are mine, fitted to a 1989 model:

N1's:

Dads, late spec headlights:

Best I could find of dads car.

Alex B

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looking at those pictures, it looks like it could be an age thing, my projectors look to have a smaller ring round them, whereas dads have a bigger ring, which doesn't meet at the top or bottom. Dads is a late '93, so was made after the few minor changes they made, (push to pull clutch, door strengthening etc), so I would say they also changed the headlamps, I know they use different bulbs, think they're H1 instead of the awkward H3c.

Alex B

·
Registered
252 Posts
ive got a 32gtst on a 92 J and it has the same as the last pics, nothings saying these are standard though. Te thing i dont like about them is that the whole headlight doesnt light up with the sides, only a small outer section

·
Registered
199 Posts
what bulbs did they put in the n1's .can you get h.id kits for projectors with h3c bulbs or is there a bulb that fits the lamps that isnt a h3c .sorry for all the questions but my headlamps are worse than 2 candles :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
ive got a 32gtst on a 92 J and it has the same as the last pics, nothings saying these are standard though. Te thing i dont like about them is that the whole headlight doesnt light up with the sides, only a small outer section
Thats the thing I really like about them! :D

I would put good money on the ones on dads being original, wouldn't be quite so sure on mine GTR ones though. Would be good to see some more late spec cars.

Alex B

·
Registered
772 Posts
what bulbs did they put in the n1's .can you get h.id kits for projectors with h3c bulbs or is there a bulb that fits the lamps that isnt a h3c .sorry for all the questions but my headlamps are worse than 2 candles :)
I'm not sure what bulbs are originally fitted to N1's, though I have heard quite a few times that they're H4's, I've got H4 HID kit fitted to mine.

Yes you can get HID kits for H3c's, but they're rare and therefore expensive, thats the main reason so many people fit N1's, (as H4 HID kits are a lot cheaper).

Alex B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts