Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if all goes to plan you might see me back building another project, been looking at an R32 and building an R324 as a Project as i miss the Skyline already so hopefully I will have the R32 next weekend all going to plan so will keep you updated and you all know I will have a new build going on here as soon as i start :)

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well finally took delivery of the R32 im going to be working with, looks a bit beat up but its not that bad really, runs awesome and i enjoyed driving her into here space in the garden oh how i have missed that RB sound...lol.

Here are a few shots of Rose the R32 after her last owner crashed her, some on her way to Scotland and her arriving, also a few shots of the engine bay as it is just now.

The Accident

Rose on her way to her new home in Scotland.

Rose at her new home.

The Engine bay as it stands

so now she is here I can start stripping her ready for the rebuild and fun times ahead :)

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice project you got there davie, how long to get ROSE on the road and what colour is she going to be ? black would be nice then you can call her black rose
Not sure how long Andy as I have a few plans, 1 might get her on the road fairly quick in time for summer, the other is long term so may take a while longer. Colour wise depends on the plans.....lol but i have loads of Ghost Violet Pearl i can use :)

Can't wait for this project to start!
Yeah me too...haha, started to strip but as its outside just now the weather is holding me back at the moment but no rush.

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chassis is fine its mostly body panel damage, front wings, drivers door, drivers sill bashed a little and a small dent in the roof near rear window, the boot floor got a bit as well from a post but nothing bad or cant be fixed.

loads of plans for this but nothing much happening until after the year to get Christmas and New Year out the way and time to strip the shell bare.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
That was about 15 minutes away from me in Letchworth. Looks like she went off the A1. Look forward to progress anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chassis is fine its mostly body panel damage, front wings, drivers door, drivers sill bashed a little and a small dent in the roof near rear window, the boot floor got a bit as well from a post but nothing bad or cant be fixed.

Well the last few bits from the line are sounding good! have fun :D curious about this :D

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That was about 15 minutes away from me in Letchworth. Looks like she went off the A1. Look forward to progress anyway.
yeah it was mate and i never moved from Edinburgh to get her checked out, paperwork done and picked up....lol skyline friends are awesome :)

I hope you gave the previous Owner a slap for doing damage to a Skyline!!!:slap:
lol never met him, not sure if he is on here either? he only had the car 5/6 weeks...lol

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I braved the wind and cold weather this weekend and stripped some of the rear and sorted the boot area which had been damaged from a post going through the rear bumper and jammed up between the fuel tank and boot floor.

here are a few photos of the rear stripped and the damage and what i have done to pull it back into shape.

Their way of cutting the arch to fit GTR arches.....lol what a mess.

The fence post was jammed in here between fuel tank and boot floor, this pushed the boot floor up and crushed the rear end a bit.

Rear end stripped and you can see the back panel is all pushed in and the boot floor crushed as well.

So off i went with my hammed, hydraulic press, bit of wood and some shaping dollies, and this is how i got it looking just now, still a bit to do but you can clearly see its looking a lot better already.

so thats what i got up to this weekend and stripped a few more bits from the interior as well.....loads more to do yet.

Davie

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice work!! - it always has to get worse before it gets better unfortunately - glad to see the damage did not bend the two rear arms of the chassis on either side - sure Rose will be back in bloom soon!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts