Skyline Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok bit of news to add, I have bought another shell and this new one will become my Road/Show car with Rose becoming the Track/Drift car I always wanted to do.

So some of you will know who I got this shell from from the photos, its a R32 GTS-4 with GTR conversion and is Ashley's old car. I will be sorting out getting it picked up for the end of Jan so fingers crossed should have it on the road for the summer if all goes well.

Here are a few photos of the shell and when it was a complete car.

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Small update, my other shell is ready to roll and will be on here way this weekend the 24th :) Im so excited to get this and start building her.

and was having a wee play on photoshop as i do when i get time to do one for myself and came up with this, some will like it others will hate it...lol

The project can get underway soon :)

Davie

·
North highlands area rep
7,857 Posts
Small update, my other shell is ready to roll and will be on here way this weekend the 24th :) Im so excited to get this and start building her.

and was having a wee play on photoshop as i do when i get time to do one for myself and came up with this, some will like it others will hate it...lol

The project can get underway soon :)

Davie
the colour it is now is nice but the pink is not for a guys car unless your coming out :gayboy: LOL

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just stripping her down Andy going to have to do a full respray as the paint work although looks amazing has not been done right it just flakes off if you scrape it with even a blut item, which is a pity as its more work but I have nearly finished stripping the shell bare of everything so will be rubbing down and painting soon then subframes etc will all get a lick of paint while off.

Here are a couple of videos showing the paint flaking off.

Video 1
Video 2

some photos of me stripping everything off the car, so seats and full wiring will be out, engine bay complete strip, subframes the lot to a bare shell.

new stand work well......lol

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
you got lack of inter coat adhesion due to bad prep is it on the whole car or just on the body kit
just the kit as far as i can see but the rest of the car has scratches and chips so going to re spray the whole car as it will be easier to make my own mix up and it will all look the same :).

21 - 40 of 67 Posts