Skyline Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ok so its been a while since i last updated this thread as i tend to keep the facebook page updated more so the see everything I have been up to check out my facebook project page HERE

So basically I stripped the whole chassis bare, wire brushed and cleaned the whole underside of the chassis from front to back, painted with a coat of black hammerite to protect against rust and then re under sealed the whole car (there was no rust atr all on it anyway).

I then took the subframe off the black R32 and dismantled everything, sandblasted, sanded and cleaned them all up then i primed and painted everything in black or pearl metallic pink.

today i fitted the subframe and started to put everything on the rear subframe back together and this is where I am at the moment. A lot of time was spent on preparing the chassis as that is the most important part and needs looked after the rest can be changed easy if needed.

so thats the quick update i have posted a few photos of what i have been doing but for the full photo collection and more detail head over and check out the facebook page HERE and please like it :)

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Wee update, not had much time lately to do much and with not having a garage just now the weather is hampering progress but a few bits im working on are....

Stripping the headlights, dechrome the surround and paint black, tint the lens and fit all back together nothing too ott with these unlike my old R33 lights.

Also stripped out all the dummy wheel bolts from the 19" 10J wheels i got, will blast the wheels and paint the inner spokes followed by some nice new bolts fitted round the rim.

i am in the process of cleaning up the bay so i can prep and paint it before blasting the front suspension parts , painting and fitting them, then the plan is to paint the interior and fit sound deadening and all the loom.

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Wee update, I have ordered up a better compressor so i can sandblast a lot of parts before painting them, I have today stripped off the front suspension and all arms from the black R32 ready to blast and paint.

I also stripped down all the brake calipers ready to blast and paint then put back together with all new seals.

Also got he Fantasy Pink for the engine bay :)

will keep you posted with more updates as i go.

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Ok another small update, as today was a cracking day I though id set out to get the engine bay painted......so off i went and applied 2 coats of Primer, 4 coats of Fantasy Pink base and then 4 coats of clear.

No once its all cured I can start to rebuild the front end :) getting there slowly.

Primer

Pink base and clear coat

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
OK done a fair bit of work to the old girl so some more steps on moving forward. So 1st off I set about stripping the rest of the interior in the GTS4 so it was totally bare ready to clean/de-grease and sound proof.

here is the spray on sound deadening and 5mm foam that will be laid on after the spray is all dry and set.

and here is the interior after the spray on deadening was applied.

Next I removed the front wings which wasn't easy due to the side skirts being bonded on but i got there in the end, this meant i could finally finish the undersealing and do the wing areas.

As I had the brake calipers all removed and dismantled I decided to paint them and fit new seals all round, first I painted the inside faces of the calipers with matt black VHT paint, as you can see i fitted the pistons back in place to stop paint getting into the chambers.

then I primed the outer faces and then painted them with Pearl Pink caliper paint.

Then once dry I fitted the new seal kits to each caliper and then sanded the paint from the NISSAN logos to make them stand out.

Next I sand blasted a few of the front arms and primed and painted them to match the rear, also in Pearl Pink.

Then I cleaned, painted with galvanizing paint and then painted the front hub assembly in black smooth hammerite.

Thats it for now but i will keep you posted on other work or you can head over to my facebook page and keep an eye on all updates usually just after they happen, you can visit my page and like it HERE

Davie

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ok bit more of an update, first I fitted the GTS4/GTR front subframe only to find its totally different from the GTST front and going to cause issues, so that siad i have decided the easiest option is for me to keep the GTS4/GTR subframes but just do away with the AWD and make it RWD (more fun) so all GTR parts will be fitted to this build now.

I made some progress and removed the tuned RB20 from the black R32 ready to strip down and do some work on it, not sure whats been done to it but its got a tuned ECU, different injectors, different AFM so maybe someone could give me some info of these bits.

AFM

Red Injectors

ECU

On other work i got the interior floor fully fitted with the foam deadening, loom back in place and the carpet sat in position

Removing the RB20 from the black R32

Sand blasted a few more parts ready to paint, sand blasting is amazing it brings things up like new :)

Before

After

Getting there slowly but all good things take time, she should be ready for next season :)

Davie

41 - 60 of 67 Posts