Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

I'm currently 15, turning 16 soon and have been saving a good amount of money, and was wondering if an R32 skyline, specifically a GTS-T would be a decent/good first car? Or would it be advisable to get an N/A skyline or a different car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Only get one if you have a lot of money and know your way around a wrench. And getting parts is a pain...just my two cents...get a 350z or something USDM that has more parts availability and aftermarket support... because it would suck to be 16 with a car you can’t drive in the driveway

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased one and i'm 17. I love the car a lot, but parts do take a while to ship and I'm learning as I go. as of now, the car is just in the garage because I have a power steering leak that I believe is connected to the hicas and is a pain to try to take it out and replace. With all that said why not.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Maybe the US is not so bad, but for a guy in the UK, I imagine getting insurance on a 200+ HP car as your first car at 17 would be cripplingly expensive.

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
288 Posts
I got an R33 coupe as my first car, it was non-turbo and automatic, but I used it to modify and make into a decent turbo/manual car. Was awesome.

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
288 Posts
wow I would love to see photos
Check out the thread 'Project Gir'. Most of the photos have been lost due to PicBucket (or whatever it was) has gone, so did the pics. Unfortunately the car had a rough life, was stolen, recovered, stored and then where it was stored burnt down. I was trying to restore it from that point for about 4 years when I sold the engine and chassis and started again with a new car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts