Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1990 GTSt from Canada, drove over the border and got the US registration. The car needs sunroof seal and trim parts. Anyone have success finding these? Found a couple complete sunroof units but they are expensive. Thanks!

·
Registered
646 Posts
You're better off posting to the other sections of this site (i.e. General or Exterior/Interior). Not many non-US folks check this sub.

I'd recommend reaching out to the traders too. Congrats on the new ride and welcome!

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you'd prefer new rather than used parts I've been using JP-Carparts.com to find the part numbers for what I need on my R32 then using Amayama.com to order the actual parts.

Not sure if this is the right model for your car but this might help (the link says Engine Ignition but it's actually the page for the sunroof parts) - if not you can do a search on the site:

ENGINE IGNITION SYSTEM / nissan | part list?JP-CarParts.com

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks, great tip! What are you doing for insurance?
I had State Farm on my other cars and they added my R32 without any issue even before I completed registration. They just asked for some of the documents to prove it was legally imported and the bill of sale. Once it was registered I had to supply a copy of the registration and that was pretty much it. They're one of the very few big insurers that'll touch a Skyline. From what I've heard Geico, Progressive, and most of the other big ones won't go near one because it's not in their database and has a non-standard VIN.

EDIT: Btw, the prices for the parts on that link from JP-Carparts are retail prices. If you do a search on Amayama.com for the part you need the actual sale prices are a third less so don't get sticker shock on a part until you check Amayama.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I currently have State Farm. They were great. It's an even easier process to get everything taken care of if you do it in person at one of their locations as opposed to over the phone. I had Progressive, but it was a complete ripoff. They charged me 2x as much as State Farm for the exact same coverage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts