Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a few years since I had my R33 and have always wanted another skyline.

Anyway came accross this R32, has been a drift car... obviously. No engine or box.

I would like to get it back on the road as a weekend car providing I can find enough bits hence me starting this thread.

Not quite sure where to go with it yet, I haven't decided on engine box as it has none but has been modified to have an SR in it. And also whether its going to be too much work.

Started to remove the plasti dip and stickers.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Test fit replacement bumper, and bought a new left rear lamp as it's a wack on the left hand corner.

Removed massive wheel spacers and rocket bunny style trims. Has full hard race arms!!.

Starting to remove the stickers, paintwork doesn't look too pretty underneath but it's a solid shell.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bodywork is first on the list to sort. Bought some GTR wings (ouch).

Seen a bumper epr do that looks similar to GTR, keeping the fibre glass bonnet and looking for a grille

I'm sure some people will be saying it's not a GTR but the rear arches have already been cut for over fenders so it makes sense to go wide front wings to match plus bonnet is a gtr one

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mirrors seem really off to me. Not sure what's going on here.

Never had original mirrors on it so not sure.

Any pointers greatly appreciated

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turns out they were 4 door mirrors.

Anyway sourced some 2 door ones and some new indicators.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starting to look a little bit more like a car.

New bumper on order and grille on way

I plan on keeping the fibre glass bonnet as it seems a good fit but needs repairing

Still on the list of bodywork is side skirts, new rear overfenders (as the ones on are not a great fit) and possibly a new boot lid

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Copy bumper in fibreglass fitted which is actually a pretty decent fit. GTR grille sourced and fitted.

Struggling to find a lower front bumper spoiler to match the bumper..

·
Registered
415 Posts
You're making great progress - nice work! Do you know much about bonnet repair? I have a carbon bonnet that needs refinishing, I was thinking about getting a sander and having a go.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're making great progress - nice work! Do you know much about bonnet repair? I have a carbon bonnet that needs refinishing, I was thinking about getting a sander and having a go.
This bonnets fibre glass but the bottom and top halves have separated slightly.
I pressume they are just bonded together.

Easy composites have some good you tube videos, might be one on repairing carbon fibre.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been buying yet more stuff...
GTR copy rear wing
Fibre glass overfenders
GTR original side skirts
Carbon lower front spoiler to match the bumper I bought

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car has hard race arms front and rear. These unfortunately have to go to fund engine and box. Original arms were supplied with the car so that's a bonus.

Has a S14 rear subframe and 2 way diff. I'm in 2 minds whether to put it all back to GTST as again this could fund other bits for the project.

The was running a SR so makes sense to put one back in. I do really like an RB tho.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Front end built up with standard bits. New tie rods, track rod ends, ball joints Coilovers left on, seems the sensible thing to do.

Finally rolling again. Wheels are VERY green but will be looking for some rotas to go on.

Rear hubs built up, had been used as a drift car so had no shoes or handbrake bits. Sourced all bits from the very friendly garage D.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unfortunately the rear arches had been badly tubbed so took the angle grinder out this afternoon to piss the neighbours off.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts