Skyline Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Finally after what seems like forever I've finally got engine, box, loom all sourced and ready to go on.

Engine bay cleaned up, just waiting on flywheel today and it's time for lift off this evening.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Only worrying bit is as the arches have been tubbed it looks like it could be a tight squeeze. Will soon find out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well it's in.
Still feel like I got a list as long as my arm for parts I need and not many people selling bits.
Next job is figure out a radiator and fan cowl, then intercooler.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Floor wire brushed, hoovered and touched up ready for carpet going in.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Carpet going in, dash back on. (dash is a mess ideally could do with a good used one but they are silly money)

Contemplating filling the holes and cut areas where the cage was and then flocking the whole dash. Other than that it's beyond making nice again

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah the bubbling the dash suffers from means theres always a demand for 2nd hand ones which will drive prices up.

Could you perhaps fill the holes and have It all flocked to hide the repairs?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Moving along slower than wanted due to most people demanding a fortune for R32 parts!!!!

Finally decided on battery location. No room under the bonnet due to tubbed wheel arches and didn't fancy sticking it next to the fuel tank.

I'm leaving the alloy fuel cell in and am going to make another seat back as they moved the original one back to make a rear fire wall. Battery will fit nicely between the 2 skins. Ill make a small hatch so I can get access to it.

Battery support fabricated.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Finally found a seat support front cut from a scrap shell. Missing about 2 inches to the sill. So had to fabricate a box section to make up the difference.

Found a good used bride seat rail. Just need seam seal and do the other side. Oh and buy some seats

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Found some greddy intercooler pipes on ebay
I'm a bit stuck on where to put an air filter, because the front arches have been tubbed I'm a bit short on space.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Finally something nice and new.

Had to sell the base mounted rail as it sits far to reclined in the skyline

Found a side mounted one which will hopefully give me the adjustment I need plus it's still a sliding frame so it's not fixed in a certain position

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Intercooler lower brackets made up, bolted in position and welded for extra strength

·
Registered
142 Posts
Man, I got my skyline last year 100% stock and have been building it a little and it's been a pain . I couldnt image doing what your doing. GREAT Work.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Man, I got my skyline last year 100% stock and have been building it a little and it's been a pain . I couldnt image doing what your doing. GREAT Work.
Thanks, I sometimes wish mine was a bit more complete!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Finally... both seat supports welded back in, painted and seam sealed.
Seems to have taken ages and nearly killed me but the carpet is back in.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Finally got it running and had a coolant leak from the water pump. Pulled off the water pump and loads of big rusty chunks fell out. Hopefully nothing to worry!!.

New water pump and Dayco cambelt fitted.

Brakes next. I have no copper piping at all on the front just some braided flexis to the left and right direct from the master cylinder. Not sure whether to stay with these or put some rigid copper pipes in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Its probably been filled with water in the past, or its sat for a long time perhaps in the elements outside? Did you remove the thermostat and flush it through?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Its probably been filled with water in the past, or its sat for a long time perhaps in the elements outside? Did you remove the thermostat and flush it through?
Yes took tstat out and gave a good flush. Ran it up to temp with fresh coolant which I'll drain off after a while and refill.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Any one help on brakes. Basically has had some long flexis fitted on the front straight from the master cylinder

I think I might run some new copper lines back where they should have been originally

It has R33 GTST calipers. I'm not sure which braided brake kit to get as the 33 has a block between the 2 flexis where it mounts to the knuckle but I'm guessing the R32 didn't.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts