Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry ,no picture but on the rear suspension cradle on my 32 there are weights [ithink] bolted on in front of the forward mounts.
I had to unbolt them to fix the rust on my sill just in front of the rear wheel.
I'm guessing they are to compensate for rear tramp.
I cant see how they would make a difference and they are quite heavy steel blocks. I was thinking of not putting them back on. What do you think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just had a look on my car and i have em too, they don't look like they do anything, but the way they are attached make it look like they need to be there , i mean 5 bolts.. they differently didn't want them to fall off lol. i hope you can find sum1 to explain their purpose. im interested to know now, how much do they weight round about?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
r32

They are steel blocks stuck on with foam double sided tape with a small clamp to hold it in position. To have something like that right next to a big bolted on suspension mount seems pointless.
They must weigh almost 2 pounds each. Its a lot easier to get to the rear sill with them off. Maybe someone will know.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts