Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some HELPs:

I have a 1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR with R33 GTR motor. I don’t know why the previous owner put it on, long story short:

My car ran great when I bought it, but there is one strange thing started happening since two days ago.

My car will die when it is running on the road. Once the boost engages (Turbo boost hit around 0), after that my car has possibilities to have very low idle(Drops to 100 or 200 RPM). Sometimes it won’t back to 1000 RPM, it dies after the RPM dropped down. There is a HKS BOV on it (I don’t know if it causes the RPM?). Sometimes when I turn on the car, the RPM drops to 0 immediately after it goes up and die. I tried to rev it after I started the car, if the turbos didn’t kick in (Boost less than 0), the RPM drop to 1000RPM normally. Once the boost goes up to 0, it will drop to 100RPM.

What I changed:
  • Fuel Pump
  • Fuel Filter

But the thing is still happening.

Thanks for your time to read my post, if you know how to deal with it or you have any ideas, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1990 Nissan Skyline GTS
7 Posts
Try replacing the Mass Air Flow sensor. I had a similar issue and found out the MAF causes these problems. It is a pretty inexpensive fix. I actually got my new replacement part off of Amazon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts