Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i wasnt happy with a yellow r32 lol so iv started again.. this time the whole cars been stripped for a full on colour change :boogy:
heres the progress so far in my new work place..:uy:

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thinking a high gloss black with plenty of clear coats to get the wet look :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First coats been applyed, missed a bit at the front lol lights are crap so off tomoz to buy a few more to make it easyer n working hours a be better :p

I also painted a rear quater panel just to use the last of the paint in me gun, my my shes guna look sweet all shiney gloss black:boogy:

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Was looking forward to seeing the yellow, but GTRs do look sexy as fook in black.
Quite strange actually as ive just changed my GTS-T from black to Kawasaki Green!! Still needing shed loads of finishing though.
Looking good m8, Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wud that be one without a rear wing? seen one the other day at the whitletts roundabout lol.. i was in a white gt4 new shape :)

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
How much faffing is it to get the doors and trims off? Mine is almost at the masking stage now and debating whether or not to take the wings and doors off. The hard plastic trim around the screen edge of the doors looks quite breakable?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
doors are just 4 12mm bolts and unplug the wire running through the door, thats it, the wings are just 8 10mm bolts i think.. easy peasy... im replacing my front n rear window seals so i just ripped all mine off and cut away as must as poss for painting..

On a update the whole passenger side has been painted :) guna do the whole car as a first coat, sand down and paint the full thing a few times to get everything 100% then a few heavy coats of clear and we all done lol

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok few updates, cars had the first ruff coat, rather than using grey primer i add a first coat the wet sand it all smooth ready for the final few hits :boogy:
So just finished sandin her bck doon after spraying the full thing at 4am this morning lol..
Toying with the idear of blending the skirts into the bodywork but not sure yet.. i`ll decide the day :S

Looks SOOoooo much better in black :yum:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
cars looking great! looking forward to the finished project...............
rx7 looks good too!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
small update n u guess whats missing? lol riped all the aircon out today as that rad rely restricts the airflow to the radiator.. also im thinking of removing the a/c fan but thought it would work well as a addictional fan with the ac switch turning it on.. good fer summer traffic :D horns getting repositioned too.. needs a damm good cleaning!!:slap:

Getting myself a massive flamer heater as its a tad cold n theres too much condensation buildup on the car.. arrives friday and i cn finish painting the shell..:boogy:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 77 Posts