Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been for my first pootle round in the dark and wet in the GTR and there are a couple of things i have noticed

1. Lights, **** me are they poor, i had to get out and see if they were in fact on. any thoughts about what can be done about this greatfully accepted

2. Brakes, jesus ****ing christ, they are even worse than the GTS was when i bought that. This would be really dangerous if the lights worked and you could see to get any speed up

I feel some open wallet surgery coming on

Paul :D

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
could always get some of those rally slag style front mounted stupid sized lights....or some different bulbs at least. Dont forget in wet weather the performance of yer lights is greatly reduced.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
The EXTREMELY NICE Bomex bumper I was talking about the other day has some VERY good spots built in (Not sure if they come with it or not but there is space for them there at least) Also I don't find my lights that bad tbh. Although this is an ex Ford Capri driver up until the start of this year talking and we all know classic Ford lights are SHITTER THAN ****! I noticed the brakes are quite bad but in all honesty I've gotten used to them and know my limits now.

E

·
0 Posts
RoboPope said:

1. Lights, **** me are they poor, i had to get out and see if they were in fact on. any thoughts about what can be done about this greatfully accepted

2. Brakes, jesus ****ing christ, they are even worse than the GTS was when i bought that. This would be really dangerous if the lights worked and you could see to get any speed up
1 = get better ones with more shine
2 = ditto no.1 but change shine to stick

How obvious is that now you`ve read it :rolleyes:

Being serious there are some aftermarket bulbs sold by Demon Tweeks & the like that are supposed to be the bollacks. Pricey though just for bulbs.
click moi

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take it from that Jock you havent managed to improve either if these at all..?

The brakes are particularly bad, far far worse than my GTS. I have aset of R33 GTR brakes here anyone ever fitted them to an R32?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I haven't touched the lights other than to remove one, I just live with the shyteness...

As regards brakes, I put redstuffs in which are the NUTS when warmed up, but even worse than standards when cold. Other problem is, they eat the discs like nobody's business. Been using 5.1 fluid which has firmed the pedal up a bit, but otherwise the only thing I can think of trying is different discs too. Oh, and I am talking GTS, not GTR.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Not sure what the 32 brakes are like but I wasn't that impressed with the standard brakes on my other 33.
Having driven Lisa's car I can say that uprated discs and pads make a notable difference, and of course I'm well happy with the AP's I've got fitted to my current 33.

·
684 Posts
There

seems to be 2 types[lensed and std] for the r32. I have lensed
ones, came with them fitted. If you compare the two of them side by side the set up is different altogether.The lights on my car are
good but i would need to compare the two of them together.
Mind you, my last car was a vectra so a miners hat would have been an improvement.

:D :D

Charlie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts