Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has an amp wired up in their 33, is it earthed to the battery earth or has it got it's own earthing point ? If so where is it ?

I wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference, but really don't wanna fry my amp after spending the best part of a day creating a custom unit to fit next to the battery containing my amp and multichanger.

Cheers

G

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Just run it to earth, don't worry about back to the battery. I bet there's not much difference in the amount of cable needed where you've got it installed anyway.

Got any pics? Always interesting to see how people fit this stuff.

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, check out the SkylineOwners.com Gallery. There is a pic in there. Basically created an MDF box for the space next to the battery at the back. Cost all of £3, bargain, and I'm not even Blue Peter badge qualified.

G

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's where it does go a bit Blue Peter, bascally there is a front sheet that goes vertically up from near the boot floor, which the amp is mounted to. This is glued and screwed to a piece that runs towards the back seats, where the multichanger sits. At the back near the rear seats there is a small ledge that comes out with 2 screw holes in, drilled 2 holes in the mdf and just put a couple of flat top nails down through the holes, could have bolted it, but it would have been fiddley as f*ck. The front of it is velco fixed, then just cut the front carpet plasticy thing. Basically wanted to make it removable, but secure enough to hold it still.

G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts