Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back box has decided it's the right time to come away from the rest of the exhaust. It's fairly rusty at the join, and the rear-end shunt I had last year (by a mate who was following me, thanks), obviously weakened the join and it decided to break away this morning (from the back box side of the join).

So now I have a very loud car, but not good loud.

Does anyone have a back box lying around that I can buy? Alternatively, does anyone suggest another course of action (such as getting it repaired, getting a different back box, etc.)?

·
Registered
337 Posts
did you make a claim through the insurance for last years bump?

if you did then you may get away with a new system... as the rear shunt has damaged your system and weakend it ;) resulting in it diying quicker then nomal.

you can add to an insurance claim up to a 3 years later and with garages normally giving a 5 year warranty on insurance work you would be fine if they okayed it.

get a quote for a new system, take some pics of the damage (reattch the box so it looks buckled etc) and they may okay a new one.

otherwise bud theres a few system on ebay from £100 upwards

cheers

lee

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
I might have a blitz nur spec going cheapy cheap soon :D

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Didn't claim on the insurance - my mate paid for the work. He couldn't have been going more than 5 mph, so most of the damage was body work (and obviously the exhaust).

Either looking at getting a replacement back box, which I guess would be the cheapest short-term solution, or getting the cat-back as well - but then it's going to cost.

If anyone can point to any on ebay that are half-decent, that'd much appreciated.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
I have a cat back kakimoto system going spare mate, its mild steel, not noisey at all but does sound nice at high revs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts