Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

After a few clutch kicking sessions, i seem to have successfully broken my lovely car.

Symptoms,

Grinding gears
Hard to get first then Taking out of gears. (intermittent)
Clicking noise at times when pressing clutch as if it was catching
Clutch depressed and car moves forward as if not disengaging fully

First problem happened when i put the clutch down and it stayed down... i had to bring it up myself, then the car wouldnt go into first without putting serious pressure on it.

Since then its been a bit of an itermitent problem, 95% of the time its like theres no clutch, it doesnt matter how far down the pedal is, it doesnt completely disengage (creeps forward with it in gear).

Did the usual and searched, uncovered the common pivot bolt problem.

Sent my car off, get a call, everything is perfect, including said bolt.

Only thing he did mention is the clutch plate was 0.4 mm, i duno what that means, its a Os Giken super single plate job... apparently

So he tidied it all up put it back together, and still nothing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, because if i have to keep driving the 1.4 civic outside i may just shoot myself.

Thanks

Marc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ill offer up a pair of 17" drift (read 1.6m or lower) tyres to the person who comes up with the correct diagnosis

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Sounds to me as if some of your pressure plate finns have broken or the release bearing it`s self has broken up. It may even be the fork that has failed but you wont find out intill you remove the gearbox either way.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Have you got any photos of the clutch/flywheel plus the inside of the bell housing you could post up

·
Registered
801 Posts
im getting the click click sound when pressing the clutch in and click click when lettng out, my clutch works as normal.
could it be the clutch master cylinder making the sound?????????
what happens if it breaks???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be the master cylinder, ordered one of them today... so fingers crossed.

Sorry, no pics, it was all put back together,

Cheers for the responses so far

1 - 9 of 9 Posts