Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me the difference between the facelift r33gts and the older one?
i know its headlamps,grille,bonnet. but are the front wings different?
i want a carbon vented bonnet and it looks like the only way ill do this is replace everythin to phase 2.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself with a question (on topic too!) bit confused as to when the 'facelift' happened? I not sure why but I was under the impression that it happened in 96, but I've seen a few sites (no names mentioned) selling 95 facelift models.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the facelift models are more than just the rear wing and front change then? i.e some models changed in 95 for the higher rear wing and front etc, but then in 96 the facelift models appeared with the updated interior as well? (or have I got that wrong ... :) )

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don’t know where the ides of a facelift model came from because I have yet to find a so called facelift that’s the same.
At the end of 95 Nissan changed the spec of the GTS, my car according to Nissan’s computer my car which was manufactured if Jan 96 is a GTS25TM1; which you would have thought was a series 1 but is actually a series2.
All I can suggest is you look at the following site http://www.motortraders.net/imports/select.asp?make=Nissan&model=Skyline, I think the big difference is the body work and that’s about it.

Regards Simon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good link, cheers. From what I can tell from that link the main differences (bodywork wise) was an option. Before the end of 95 a front spoiler was a no, after it became an option and the rear wing was swapped for the higher level style. Front Foglamps became a standard as well. Also front passenger airbag was added as standard rather than option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts