Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

noticed on my 33 the passenger side electric wing mirror folds in fine, but wont fold out 100%, gets to about 70% then flicks to 90% and stays there unless pushed...

not sure if this was due to my father pulling them open not knowing they were eltric or if its always been like that (only owned the car a few days)

any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
On my old R33 when I turned the engine off you could get the mirrors to close and then open when you re-started. However I cant get the ones I've just fitted to my new R33 to do this. Any ideas?

·
Big horlicks fan
830 Posts
I had same problem on my stagea,i gave it a good hose down with wd40 with someone working the switch at the same time after 5 mins or so sorted.
May as well give it a go before strippin anything down

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had same problem on my stagea,i gave it a good hose down with wd40 with someone working the switch at the same time after 5 mins or so sorted.
May as well give it a go before strippin anything down
WD40 worked a treat, thanks

its not 100% smooth but snaps into place now :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
same thing with mine the other day i never even remembered it had electric mirrors only had car from december dad was driving it the other day hit a button the passenger mirror folds in fully but not back out anyway to fix these properly?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Mine closes and folds out fully but I have to press the button to do so whereas before it was all automatic which was very handy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
my drivers side one does same thing, folds inwards but doesnt go out at all. i'll probably have a look at it some day but to be honest it doesnt bother me enough at the moment to warrant 2+ hours of a job lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.