Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered front and rear Brembo calipers and good condition discs from a V-Spec R33 GTR for a very tempting price. Are these a straight swap for the standard GTS-T brakes or is a bit more work required?

cheers :cheers:

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
i have brembos on the front of mine and the mounting bolts from the gts-t were to long so i have to change them but part from that mate it was a couple hour job.

Im looking for a set for the rear lol

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
do it, do it, do it. Virtually a straight swop, bit of dicking about with brackets and things, but the difference is amazing. I've got them on mine, one of the best upgrades I've done. Get some braided hoses, and a master cylinder stopper and you'll be very impressed. Bored me a bit that GTR owns have these brakes as standard ! :disappointed:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers fellas, probably the most important thing about the car and i've overlooked them slightly :disappointed: I've sent the guy a message so hopefully i'll have a reply soon. I'd be so happy to get them!

Oh yeah, while we're on the topic, what's the clearance like? Less or more than the standard calipers? I've got some AVS lightweight alloys with very little clearance from the caliper...

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
You will need the bolts from the brembo calipers too as they are a different thread than the std caliper bolts. Same goes for the rear.

The brembo mounting bolts are slightly longer too so will need a small spacer/washer fitting.

If you fit the rears i would highly recommend you get rid of the std brake hose/metal block/pipe arrangement, and fit a pair of conceptua braided lines instead. I found the metal pipe on the std hose arrangement was a little to close to the top suspension arm for my liking.

These are the brakes the gtst should have had from factory imo, and a much better than the std set up.

Good luck finding a set of rears though, it took me months and months to find a set for mine lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Chris, i'll keep all that in mind. I was thinking of getting the braided lines from conceptua anyway but that's made my mind up about them!

Oh and this is a set of front AND rears...pretty much for the price of the fronts! It was an expense i didn't really want right now but for the price i've been offered them, i can't say no :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am in the process of changing to brembos on my GTS-T the calipers are bigger and of course the discs are a bigger diam. You should be ok with 17" rims but I am having problems finding a wheel design I like that gives enough clearance (with the correct offset) from the back of the spokes. If you gtst calipers are very close you may have trouble with the brembos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts