Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Those of you who have seen my newbie thread will know im after an r33 gtr, i have seen one i like the look of on ebay (the one where there is two in the pic, a black one and a silver one) Well i want the silver one and i made him an offer a few days ago, anyway get to the point Andy...

So i was wondering, he has a few nice parts on the car, wheels, exhaust, ect, but there is no mention of dump valves.

So....does the r33 gtr engine come with dump valves as standard, if so what are they like sound wise? If not, do they make a waste gate kind of sound or is there non at all, just the sound of the revs dropping as you put your foot on the clutch and increasing again after you have engaged your next gear and lifted the clutch again?

Thanks very much!

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh i see, cheers! Ok so if i have this one ill be getting some dump valves then....do i need two (is that a silly question as there is two turbos)

Apologies for my little knowlege on the turbo front, i have spent the last 3 years playing with supercharged vw's.

So what dump valves to buy, how much are they, and are they straight forward to fit?

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Yes 2 dump valves.

the opinion is the HKS SSQ as they work well and don't cause to much of a stalling issue.

You will then start to over fuel the car though as the recirc air will be vented to atmosphere, but the fuel calculated in relation with this air will still be injected.

Why the need to upgrade the BOV's?

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh right ok, so they have bov's as standard then, what does this sound like?

There isnt really a need to upgrade the standard bov, i just wanted a nice "im fast and powerfull" noise at high rev gear changes, will the standard bov give me that?

If i do upgrade, what do i need to do with the over fueling issue? Is it better for the turbos to run standard bov or with upgraded dump valves? Im assuming with dump valves give better performance but increased turbo wear??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts