Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys not been on here for ages, having a problem with my car.
yesterday drove the car to go out for a fly (drone) and when i got back to the car it wouldn't start, no dash lights (or the odd blinking one) or fuel pump wine when the key was turned, also turned on harzard lights which just made a buzzing sound instead of the tick tock, noticed the boost gauge needle move also but car not running.

so i used a multimeter and had 10v from the fuse box under the bonnet and 12v at the battery, i went through and checked the fuses, all were good.
I then disconnected the battery so i could get to the fuse box in the boot, which they all seem good, then reconnected the battery and put the meter back on the fuse box under the bonnet which was now showing the correct 12v and it started.

I seem to remember a simular thing happening when i changed my fuel filter and removed the fuel pump fuse from boot so i'm thinking maybe i got an issue around that area,something loose or on its way out?? what do the fuses in the boot do, or is there a relay that could cause this?

the battery's good, less than a year old, just been out now to move the car and it's working fine.
any ideas?

65A - Main

45A - Blower

30A - 4WD/LSD

30A - IGN SW

15A - FUEL PUMP

20A - HEAD L RH

20A - HEAD L LH

10A - ALT S (Alternator perhaps???????)

10A - TAIL L

20A - HICAS

15A - AUDIO

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
the 2 main lives under bonnet are basically bolted on top of live wires,remove bolts and clean up the lives and re fit together

1 - 3 of 3 Posts