Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first official post! (See newbie thread) I am looking to buy an r33 gtr v-spec in the next few weeks, iv seen a few i like (first ever skyline...well first ever jap car for that matter) so looking for one thats standard apart from induction, exhaust and turbo timer.

I have found a few potentials, one has done 69k and had both the turbos re-conditiond, the other one, that looks spot on, grey, v.nice wheels, undersealed, induction exhaust and t.timer, exactly what im looking for, has done 68k miles but no turbo work has been carried out, so my question is....

Will the turbos definatly need doing at arround the 65k mark on an r33 gtr v-spec, and if not, how long before they will? I am very interested in this one but the only thing that's putting me off is the fact that it has had no turbo work done and the other one with allmost the same milage, has.

Many thanks in advance, Andrew

K

·
0 Posts
One other thing is they may not actually be the same milage, in Japan it was all in KM's and only Miles in the UK, the speedo reading will be a combination of the both, if one was imoported a lot later than the other it could easily be 20k miles different but same speedo reading.

im not sure how long the tubs will last, i think someone correct me maybe dont the V-spec turbos have steel blades rather then ceramic? the ceramic ones wear lot quicker and the boost cant really go aboive 0.9 / 0.95

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh yeah didnt think of that (the time when the speedo was converted to miles) thanks for that!

Can anyone verify ceramic or steel blades in the r33 gtr v-spec turbos?

Any other oppinions on this (the time when they should be / need to be re-furbed)?

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you can get one with them upgraded already , the better it will be,
standard turbos, have been good for nearly 80 miles, just depends if the boost has been upped to .9 and driven hard, shortens the life.

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
If you can get one with them upgraded already , the better it will be,
standard turbos, have been good for nearly 80 miles, just depends if the boost has been upped to .9 and driven hard, shortens the life.
80 MILES HOLY CRAP are gtr turbos REALLY that bad glad i got a gts-t then:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts