Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Car work on a budget, a very SMALL budget :(
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch needs changing and there is a chance I might need a new flywheel.

Was wondering if anyone had one going cheap at the moment?

·
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kk thanks.

I need to read up on this really, last time my clutch went the flywheel is fine.

Bearing in mind I have no idea what the flywheel does I cant work out if it is broken or not.

The car still runs, starts perfectly fine, it just when I am driving if I give it too much gas the revs go up, then drop again and then the car starts moving. Strange issue, I dont think its the flywheel but I thought I better check.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Usually when your clutch goes, it causes heatspots on your flywheel. If left, This can affect performance.. It is always advised to change, or re-skim them when doing the clutch. i always do anyway..

RSP should have flywheels instock, Best ringing them as im sure they dont list everything they have..

·
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the flywheel was broken would I notice anything?

Got the clutch sat on my desk, the thought of having to buy a flywheel makes me want to cry!

·
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had a look at it in the car this morning, the mechanic recommended I get it skimmed so he popped it out and its being done this morning. It looks perfectly fine though, no rust, teeth missing or anything. Not bad for 44k miles and my driving!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.