Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing to check is the sensor I guess. Anyone know where this is located and how to test it?

Cheers

Steve

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
one sensor at each wheel corner mate

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
there is if you have an occiliscope if not plug a diagnostic computer in it or im sure the faqs on here may help :)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
can you not measure the resistance of each sensor in ohms with the sensor ring motionless,then compare all 4? thats how i sorted this problem on my e36 bmw

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
can you not measure the resistance of each sensor in ohms with the sensor ring motionless,then compare all 4? thats how i sorted this problem on my e36 bmw
takes too long mate plug in computer ask it what sensor has failed and walla 99% of the time you get the correct one :rofl:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diagnostic computer - guess this would be a laptop running the relevent software to communicate with the ECU or possibly a hand-held device?

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
yep mate

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
to be honest mate i have only had experiance with datascan but as posted above if you have a multimeter its possible to find the one thats buggered

·
Registered
99 Posts
AFAIK the ABS cant be checked with a consult cable, atleast not a "regular" one sold by for example BlaZt, cause the ABS uses a diffrent pin on the Consult port (which there is no cable to on the BlaZt Consult Cable) and even if there were, the error-code output isnt through that pin, its through the ABS light, as i understand it?

I have NDS 1.6 and i havent found a way to check the ABS codes through it anyways

Just thought i should update this thread since i find this when i google ABS questions for my R33 :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.