Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys my car is a 1994 GTS-T, with just a HKS blow off valve, HKS air filter and some jap exhaust, dont know what it is but the baffle is coming out a bit and has huge pipes behind it !!! Basically I want some advive of which mods I should do, a step by step guys, am thinking of spending £20 on a new foam for my filter rather than cleaning it. Any past mistakes people have made or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys:yum: :yum:

S

·
0 Posts
a boost controller is a must do mod - it won't give you masses more power, but makes the car much more drivable and responsive by removing the two stage boost.

it is always worth giving the throttle body a clean as this can get grotty and hampers performance and economy.

Simon

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
Check to see if your exhaust is a cat back only. If it is get a HKS frontpipe or similar and a decat pipe, might want to hold onto the decat as it can be a bit hit or miss whether you pass the MOT emissions test without it.

Also a set of irdium plugs is good for a few extra brake. Then you have a Stage 1 car. Personally I do these before moving onto the next batch of mods. Like the boost controller another mod you may want to consider is a bigger intercooler, you can get one off a GTR for not much cash. Richard Bell on here does one for the GTS.

After all that you are into the big dollars

E

·
0 Posts
I would give the old filter a clean before you bin it. Just run it under a warm tap or leave it to soak in a warm sink for a while. You`ll be supprised what comes out & how clean it will look.

·
Registered
765 Posts
my 1st stage is going to beeeeee

FMIC
downpipe + de-cat
Exhaust
Boost Controller
Iridium plugs
s-afc or such
up'd regulator
up'd fuel pump

then steel head gasket, and look for some hybrids

Im going to do all the fueling/cooling stuff first before upping the boost ;)

I hated having to rebuild my supra LOL

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
1/downpipe
2/de-cat pipe
3/turbo timer(eventually save you a turbo...)
4/iridiums
5/optimax with nitrox hotshot
6/front mount intercooler
7/dot 5 brake fluid

then it gets expensive...!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts