Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my R33 GTS-T when you drive off the pasanger door locks, should the driver door lock too ?

The Driver's seat only levers forward it doesn;t actually slide forward like the passanger's does, is this right ?

Ta.

Phil

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Answer 1) Sounds like you have got anti Hi jack, it might be as simple as the mechnism in the door needs adjusting. Does it lock normally when you alarm it ? ( does it have an alarm )

Dont know about the seat thing, sorry.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
My driver seat doesnt rail forward the same as the passanger seat either.

There is a switch on the drivers door handel that locks/unlocks the doors, depends on the alarm and central locking servos if this has to be in one position or the other for it to work properly.

Well this is as found on my motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a GTS and the passenger door always automatically locked just after driving off, the click always frightened the life out of me, but the driver's side never automatically locked, cannot remember anything about the driver's seat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, after I think 15mph the passengers door will lock dunno if its for anti car jacking or some kinda kidnapping device. Tell you one thing it can scare the hell outa and ladies that have never been in a car with you before as the door clunks shut :D

The drivers seat should slide forward on the runners same as the passangers seat does but also have the tilt function.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
sadly mine has been known to lock all the doors without moving so its a bit of a pain if your trying to defrost it :(

·
Banned
852 Posts
My passenger door locks as I pull away and reach about 15mph, I have to explain this to everyone as they try to get out of the car for the first time, if I crawl along it doesn't lock. My drivers seat does slide back and forward though.:)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
my drivers seat doesnt... grrr... feel a toys and pram incident coming on

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
My passenger door locks at 25mph, but the driver's doesn't. People always manage to pull the handle to open the door at the exact same moment I flick the unlock switch :mad: :rolleyes:

My driver's seat slides except when tilting the seat-back forward, so its not as easy letting people out. What are you doing with people in the back anyway?!!:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
People in the back...

They all pile in on the way to the pub @ lunch, they wanna feel the G's ;]

I could do with hookin up with another GTS driver to have a little poke around / driveing exchange to check the diff's.

Phil

G

·
My passenger door locks when i put the heated rear screen on & when i do anything with a window. Haven`t noticed it locking at 15 mph but it probably does that too. Stupid car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts