Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting an RB25DET into my 89 240sx. What is the max RPM that I can safely spin the 25 to? The stock tach redline is at 7000. With such a short (71.7mm) stroke, I would think that it would go to 8000 without longevity problems.

Also, what is the max safe boost that I can run, using good race gas? I have been told that the stock pistons are cast. Is that true?

I did a search on various boards, including this one, but I was not satisfied with the answers. Thanks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
you can go to 8000 rpm but not all the time just occaisionally i have no rev limit on mine as has not got one on ecu and no boost or fuel cuts i would go to something like 7500 for daily use
and 8000 only occaisonally, as to boost wie on a standard turbo dont run any more then 0.9 bar as the turbine blade flies either out of exhaust or through engine if you get steel head gasket and turbo the internals are good for about 400 hp ish but you woill need to think about fueling, intercooler etc aswell

the lads in nz and aus run something like a 2540 or 3037 turbo steel head gasket and fueling right and get good power figures
would reccomend going for something like a power fc or fcon pro as are must they fly just remeber about traction as they can be silly at higher power figures and u just go sideways or spin

have fun i would speak to either gary at gt art or boys in auz look on skylinedownunder.com or skylinesaustralia.com

have fun

lee

·
Registered
258 Posts
my engine is being balanced all the crank rods flywheel etc having forged pistons fitted so im going for a 8k redline and with the gear ratios ive got that would see me somewhere like 190mph thats a RB25 gearbox with a S14 200sx diff which allowed the S14 approx 160mph or a little more on stock gearbox at 7000rpm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts