Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an R33 GTST '96. It's parked in the driveway. It's not insured or taxed. I rang 123.ie and they said they don't insure jap imports. I rang Allianz and they said they don't insure cars that are older than 15 years (I previously had it insure with them for 3 years) Can anyone suggest where else I could try? Thinking of driving this perfectly good car into the river just to be done with it. (Joking.... sort of)
Fair hard to sell a car that has no tax or insurance. Fair hard to tax a car that has no insurance. Fair hard to insure a car that no one wants to insure. Anyone want it for drifting or something?

·
3,402 Posts
Did you try allainz, liberty or that fails try a broker they should be able too get you a quote somewhere.

AXA would prob give you a quoye too but they are a shower of W..K..S

ya the tax is ****ish now, mines just gone too €710 this year after this budget :-(

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
Havn't you tried Dan @ A Plan on this forum yet mate?

A lot of us are fully comp with him and they do a good job to sort out all the customers.
This is my 3rd year with them now and it's all good with all my mods declared bud.

Just my 2p worth of info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you try allainz, liberty or that fails try a broker they should be able too get you a quote somewhere.

AXA would prob give you a quoye too but they are a shower of W..K..S

ya the tax is ****ish now, mines just gone too €710 this year after this budget :-(
Thanks man. Yeah Allianz are the ones that said the wouldn't insure a car over 15 years old. I'll give liberty a bell and if not I'll try a broker.
My tax was 965e before the budget. God only knows what it is now.
My real intention was to sell it but I didn't even try because I was thinking there wouldn't be an interest in one that's not taxed and insured. In your opinion would their be a market to sell it to in Ireland at the moment and what kind of price do you reckon a good condition, close to standard '96 R33 2.5L GTST would average at? I've looked on carzone and a few other sites and the prices vary but I don't know if any of them are selling.

·
A 'user'
103 Posts
In the market for one myself at the right price man(ignore the prices on carzone,people are dreamers these days,very hard to sell them unless they are something special), doesn't need tax etc,pm me if ya decide to sell

Pain in the ass to keep them going theses days I know........as for tax,get a friend with trade insurance to tax it, no hassle at all then.
As for insurance buy a cheap run around and insure that,drive the liner as part of your open drive policy (skyline can't be in your name)
Messy I know but not many other options around lately,I know I've tried.

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
Havn't you tried Dan @ A Plan on this forum yet mate?

A lot of us are fully comp with him and they do a good job to sort out all the customers.
This is my 3rd year with them now and it's all good with all my mods declared bud.

Just my 2p worth of info.
Give Dan @ A-Plan a ring. He'll see you right bud. ;)
I mentioned this at the top of the page TC mate.

A Plan are really good on Skylines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts