Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my self a r33 gtst n the fuel gauge is playing up i can put in £15 worth of fuel and it shows full, it some time will stay full for a bit then drop.
just wondered if any 1 has had this problem n if they did any think 2 fix it?

thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts
Not done this on the skyline yet but i'd probably point my finger at the fuel sender... I'm assumnig the skyline has a simliar setup to my old Alfa's...(155's)...

Sometimes it's as simple as removing the sender, giving a bit of a clean an popping the old girl back....

Get yourself the service manual from this link

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59384

And have a go at cleaning the sender.

Hope that helps....

·
Registered
610 Posts
not sure what the fuel sender is, but if its the things thats located in the fuel tank next to teh fuel pump, yea. take that out and take a look at it. it should be a little meter think with a float. sounds like yours is not tracking correctly.
u dont need a manual for it. just some common sense and a little problem solving ability.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine does the same. sometimes its full, sometimes its a quarter....sometimes it gets all in a kerfuffle and changes its mind every 10-20 miles. I call it a feature! :rofl:

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Mine does the same. sometimes its full, sometimes its a quarter....sometimes it gets all in a kerfuffle and changes its mind every 10-20 miles. I call it a feature! :rofl:
Mine likes to do this as well.

When you get to half a tank it it goes down very fast lol.

I would be interested to know if cleaning the sender makes any difference? Might be worth doing if it works so i really know if i have a fill tank or 3/4 and then back to a full tank.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i know the sender is the long cigar shaped thing in the tank, but, a) how does it attach to the tank? b) is it to the left or right of the pump? and is there any diff between a spec 1 and spec 2?

Muchos

2BL

·
Registered
16 Posts
I need help in this one too....can someone kindly take a pic/ point out where that sender is so i can take it out, give it a little massage and hoping that it will work again?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Shat myself the other day, driving along and went from half full to almost empty within two miles and not even pushing it! You can imagine the thought going through my head!

Went round a bend and it went back up to half and then behaved normally?????

Think the guages are less than reliable, just top up regularly!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts