Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, first post, owned R33 GTST in LP2 since last summer. Wanted to get triple gauge for centre dash top. I currently just have a single boost gauge

Have seen some 52mm triple cluster pods on ebay etc, and some Defi Gauges 3 for £120.

Anyone know what other parts i need or recommend or link ??

Any idea what Garage-D or other garage may charge to fit these for me. Are they straight forward pods to fit, or will need to do some cut and chops?

Thanks

MM

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey man
What I can tell you is following: There some rare other possibilities if you are unsure what to buy regarding size and housing, also maybe a double pod a pillar cover. The cockpit view is mine, I had a chance to get this triple pod especially for the R33 board if you check out the bending towards steering wheel and the overall fit is quite good. Usually such pod housing are slightly smaller than the gauge you wanna plug in, so you can scrath or cut the wholes just a little wider and put the gauges in without glue or tape or whatsoever.
Depending on what gauge you use you need the specific sensor as well obviously; and - at least I know this from my defis which I ordered in Japan, you need something like this:

You dont need the handcontroller really, but the "collector" behind it, which allows you to just place only 1 wire to all 3 gauges and make em work properly. I really appreciated that, so I had to lay only one wire through the windshield air channels ^^

Like said above, if you go for the "casual" gauges like water temp or oil temp, theres nothing special about it and you can easily do this on your own. If you go for something like ex temp where you have to drill a whole in some part like the exhaust manifold plus create a thread in your whole after - Id not recommend try this without further knowledge.
If you go for an easier one, you usually need something extra that does not come with the gauge pack, for instance water temp youll need a hose connector with a thread to put your sensor in, something like this

Maybe thisll help you a bit
Regards from Germany 8)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts