Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my R33 GTSt on the rollers today, I returned it to standard (bar cat back exhaust) to get a starting figure it produced on accurate rollers 252 bhp

BUT!

It produced peak power (252) at 5000rpm at 5500rpm it dropped slightly then at 6000rpm it went back up to peak power which it held right to the red line. It was run three times, one after resetting the ECU, has any body got any comments, is this normal? Or what should I do?

Cheers

·
Registered
953 Posts
nice u live in sevenoaks then as i work there ??

E

·
0 Posts
NastyG said:
, has any body got any comments,?

Cheers

What flavour criaps do you prefer?

Personally i cant resist Flaming Hot Monster Munch.

Not much use to you i know.

But loss of power at that rpm for only 500rpm?? Is it noticable when you drive it? Surely not. Most of us (well me & me crisps) would be hanging of the gearstick by now.
Sounds like it could be a fueling problem & the ECU pulling the timing back.

N

·
0 Posts
Would this flat spot , be something to do with emissions / noise.
Ie a factory setting 2 get past goverment emission /noise laws .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is noticable, you feel a hesitation but only slightly, I am only the second owner of the car and it did 43000 miles in Tokio being driven by the same person, so I was wondering if it was because it was diven in a certain way and is only used too 5000-5500 rpm?

P.S. Cheese and Onion walkers!!!!

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Two stage boost on these cars may account for it. Didnt the man in charge of the rollers have an opinion?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His opinion was that the curve should be smooth without a dip and that my ECU probably needs re-mapping!

·
Registered
303 Posts
slight dip at 5000rpm

this is due to the variable cam timing fitted to the RB25DET , what does the torque curve look like? this should be nearly flat, the dip in the power curve is the cam being retarded.

Should have a number of power runs to compare after the dyno day in a few weeks time.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts