Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above. Would prefer a Nismo one ideally. Would consider a C's (genuine), B&M or Tomei.

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
i know where there is a japspeed one mate but needs the alloy coller for inside the gearbox if your interested as i can get it cheap i think?

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
tis branded and does the same job at a fraction of the price :):)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry but its Nino Browns fault as I bought his car which has lots of pukka upgrades so need to continue the trend :D:D

Ross any news on the oil cooler and the front speaker pods?

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
Sorry but its Nino Browns fault as I bought his car which has lots of pukka upgrades so need to continue the trend :D:D

Ross any news on the oil cooler and the front speaker pods?
oh well that explains it mate as he was very fussy with the car :rofl:
its coming off the engine as soon as a can get the engine out my van lol
aint that the truth :funny:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is that true? Nismo ones only reduce travel by 10% I cant see that having a massive negative effect on them.

Whats the symptons of fecked synchros?

·
Registered
38 Posts
crunching noise when shifting, mostly from second to third...
Ive got a short shifter in mine.. its not the greatest invention imho

Yes you have less travel, but the gearbox from a rb25 isnt made for fast shifting

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hate going from 1st to 2nd especially from cold and occasionally going from 4th to 5th I miss but only at high power. I just find the travel from 4th to 5th so long.

Although I have this problem with the revs dropping too quickly between changes which only happens whilst accelerating. Maybe I'll wait.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,712 Posts
I hate going from 1st to 2nd especially from cold and occasionally going from 4th to 5th I miss but only at high power. I just find the travel from 4th to 5th so long.

Although I have this problem with the revs dropping too quickly between changes which only happens whilst accelerating. Maybe I'll wait.
mine is the same somtimes when cold, when warm its fine, just take my time with it, car is not warm anyway so no fun time

whole point of short shifters is reduce gear throw which equals to less time changing gears, so in a drag race this can equal to 1/10th of a second etc etc

in a drag race, shouldn't normally be shifting in to 5th anyway

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
you know these quick shift kits destroy your syncros???
thats why i had my box fully rebuilt and cryofrozen before i fitted my japspeed quickshifter :)

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
How much is it to have the box rebuilt?
depends mate on whats needed as i destroyed my input shaft as well so for a second hand gearbox then rebuild it with brand new bearings,syncros it cost me 500 quid then 100 quid for gearbox and diff oil then a shortshifter kit and luckily for me i had a 4 puck paddle clutch already bought and waiting to go in :D:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.