Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, I bought my skyline a few months back now with accident damage, one of the members on here very kindly gave me a radiator for it that he didnt need but its a differant size to the one that was in the car when i bought it, ive fitted the rad he gave me as its still not on the road but things are starting to get moveing now so i was woundering if anyone could tell me what size the rad should be in an r33 gtst spec 2 manual with aircon so i can meassure this one and see if its ok. also anyone with information as to weather or not it matters to much on the size of it would be really helpfull.
thanks in advance. Baz

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Strange one, in what way is it bigger?? i wouldn't have thought they would be any different, i have an auto rad fitted to mine (mines a manual) and even with the extra gear oil cooler bit on the bottom it still fitted without problem.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
i looked at barry's car when i gave him the rad i'd say he had the wrong rad already in, the top mounting brackets are homemade and different angle to the gtst s1 or 2 i've seen,barry it might be a good idea to put some pics of the top brackets up and the rads and i'm sure you'll get some answers

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi Lammy thanks for helpin me explain, ill take some pics over the weekend if i can and get them put up, its a good idea. I'm probably being over carefull but id rather be safe than sorry, basically the new rad isnt as wide, the core is thinner but it is taller than the one that was in there when i got it it fits and seams ok apart from the fan cowling wont fit to the rad now coz of the size and shape.

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i take it the cowling doesnt raelly make to much of a differance? if youve still got the cowling thatd be great, id just like to get it all together as it should be but like i say its probably just me bein over cautious with it.

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive now found out what was happening with the radiators now just thought id post and let you know what it was, the rad that was in the car when i got it was from an r34 but after going down to jdm garage and looking at some of there r33's i found out that the rad i was kindly given will be fine and i was just being a big :gay:. thanks lammy :bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.