Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
if its not jap its scrap
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just a quick question problie all ready asked before.sold my r32 and just got my r33 gtst in is the hicas light ment to stay on and when it starts up when cold it makes a clicking nise and goes up and down the revs :guiness:

·
Registered
299 Posts
mine comes on and loses the power steering couldnt figure it out 4 months turns out me power steering pump had packed up do you still have power steering

·
if its not jap its scrap
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep mate evert thing is working fine the car runs like a dream not a bother with the power stearing.:guiness:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hicas light is meant to be out and only comes on when theres a problem with it.Sometimes dicky speedo converters seem to cause it or aftermarket steering wheels depending on what boss is used.Thats off course provided it hasnt been locked out which would cause the light on aswell.

What do you mean goes up and down with the rpm?The clicking you mean?Is this something totally different?
The throttle position sensor will click when cold and alter the rpm which is under the bonnet and nothing to do with the steering-yeah thats normal btw.

·
if its not jap its scrap
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate just relised that it was the stearing wheel was the prob have a sparco stearing wheel and when the wheels are straight the wheel is sitting wrong so im going to take it off tomorow and sort it out.The other problim with the clicking noise is as you said its the sensor when cold a mate told me that this evening cheers for the replys :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts