Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, have my hicas light staying on in my 95 R33 Rb25de manual trans.

After doing the diagnostics i got speed sensor not present as the only code. This started happening when my speedo started ****ing out (gave the dash a wack to fix it). When it fully ****ed out i soldered all the joints again and fixed it perfectly however the light remained on.

Any ideas?

Do i need to replace the hicas ecu?
Replace the gbox speed sensor?
And please dont say lockbar because NZ needs certification for that.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
It seems you have disturbed something when you took your dash out to do soldering as the speed sensor is plugged into the dash. Remove and double check everything is connected and firm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems you have disturbed something when you took your dash out to do soldering as the speed sensor is plugged into the dash. Remove and double check everything is connected and firm.
Sorry i probably should have explained better ahah. The issue with the hicas and my speedo were happening intermittently and all before i took the cluster out and soldered it. I dont think the issue is with the dash cluster but still not sure, ive taken the dash out and tried it with another and still have the light on

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fair enough. How are you reading this fault code, consult software? Did the new dash give the same error code?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair enough. How are you reading this fault code, consult software? Did the new dash give the same error code?
Im getting the code from the dash using the hicas diagnostic sequence. A consult software would be interesting to see if it gave the same result. And yes both dashes had the same code given.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts