Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forums but i feel this is the best place to get experts advise on the product
So i appreciAte the time you take to read this
Ive recently brought a 1994 R33 Gtst (If providing plate numbers helps let me know!)

After leaving it to sit for about 1 month i disconected the battery, i got lazy re attaching the main battery power terminal and had it on loose (rather the copper lume)
After driving the car the cars cut out because the batterys come loose.

I only mention above as ive only had the problem since then!

after that incident and re attaching the battery my vehicle will now start run for maybe 10 seconds and stall. First inital thought was a damaged tps although i cant be sure and dont want to dish out the money if its not the problem.

Ive read through forums and followed all idle issue posts The common dirty aac valve which ive cleaned and put back however the car will still idle then stall after start up.

Please assist me on what steps i should take next
And again much apprecaited!

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
Ecu water temp sensor can cause idle issues. Also a sticky BOV

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the fuel pump and fuel filter ok ?

i guess you could try cleaing the tps im guessing though

Yeah checked filter and pump, filter was changed last service,
Is there some way i can test the tps that you know off?
(wish i had a doner car)

Ive also read disconecting the battery and depressing the pedal 3 times resets the ecu? thats what i did after it cut out but ive pulled the ecu out near the footwell and it looks like no ones ever touched it so i dont think its been tuned?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont think its a fuel issue because regardless the pump works fine when driving the car? (However havnt ruled it out) Which is difficult when you have to keep the revs up so it doesnt stall on you!! Drivin witha a wonky foot lol.

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
Is your alternator ok? Once your car is running, in theory you should be able to disconnect your battery, and the engine will continue to run.
Maybe the positive lead has shorted out on something, if it completey came off the battery terminal whilst you were driving?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts