Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I may be picking up a modified R33 GTST at the weekend, and had a go at insurance. I didnt realise what a pain it is! tried compare the market first (insured the 350z through them last year for £300) and absolutely no one could do it.

Tried Chris knott and you need to be at least 28..

I have managed it with Adrian Flux and Sky, both about £650 which is great.

Is there anyone else people use?

I am 26, 5 years NCB, clean license with no crashes etc. Driving for about 10 years.

cheers

·
A rebel with a cause
216 Posts
So I may be picking up a modified R33 GTST at the weekend, and had a go at insurance. I didnt realise what a pain it is! tried compare the market first (insured the 350z through them last year for £300) and absolutely no one could do it.

Tried Chris knott and you need to be at least 28..

I have managed it with Adrian Flux and Sky, both about £650 which is great.

Is there anyone else people use?

I am 26, 5 years NCB, clean license with no crashes etc. Driving for about 10 years.

cheers
George that is quite a good price for your age & will only reflect on the sort of modifications & bhp your car has got.

Just make sure you state everything when taking out your insurance even down to the radiator cap if it's been changed then that way you cut down any problems if any occur

Don't forget to play one of with the other as they will want your business.

As for other insurances google it & see who offers what

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes I was surprised with the quotes being so low, since most wont even try it. But even so, a little more off goes towards mods ;)

The car is quite modified, and runs about 320bhp at the moment apparently, but as I mention, I wont see it for myself until Saturday.

Its bad I know, but its the first car I have actually declared mods on. Due to its nature, I thought its not worth the risk. I dont drive like an idiot but its theres alot of comfort knowing its all like for like if I get hit.

Its funny talking to these companies and as soon as you say 'Skyline' their voice changes, you can almost hear them gulp lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm surprised adrian flux gave you a good quote. Mine went up with them this year about £150 more even though nothing had changed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep as stated 650 is not bad, with sky I pay 500 and I'm 28 with 7 years ncb. When I rang sky they were actually awesome with the fact I had a skyline, I own a highly modified turbo Almera gti and insured through sky for a few years and when I said I got a skyline I got the "oo nice to see you've upgraded" haha! Like you say declaring everything is a MUST! It doesn't actually cost much more for the peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,562 Posts
Give Dan at A-plan a call mate. (Thatcham branch) he was a trader on here for years and always looks after me and a few mates.

One of the guys on here has over 600 bhp in his gtst and he doesn't pay mental money.
Mines 435 quid all mods declared and it's got quite a few :rofl: I'm a wee bit older than you though and I've had skylines for 10 years - that's European use and protected no claims

·
SE Member / DJ
281 Posts
I work for an insurance broker "Broadsure Direct" and we use competition cars (Underwritten by Towergate)

They cover for road use as well as track day cover included

01843 594477

·
Stage 1
814 Posts
I'm 27, R33 GTS-t with the usual stage 1 ish mods. With A-Plan I believe it comes out at around £700 a year with protected no claims and cover for all the extra bits on the policy etc.

·
It's not just a skyline, it's family
687 Posts
Im 22 in august, and my car is going to be 400bhp when it comes out next year so i dread to think how much my insurance will be with mods and engine swap declared.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts