Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks! So I took on the DIY garnish light up adventure but can’t get it to light on the actual car itself. The picture I placed below is with it wired directly to a car battery so I could test it, but when it’s installed at tapped into the brake light, no lume. Can anyone give some recommendations on where/how to properly tap this in? I would like to just have it illuminated when I turn my lights on, but I am not against running a switch. Thanks!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tapped it into the brake light already and it didn’t light up. I’ll send a picture and Either embarrass myself, or confuse you as well. Either way as long as I get this thing working I’ll be happy.
Thanks for your reply as well!

·
Terry
2,038 Posts
Not the brake light but the rear tail lights those that come on when you switch your side lights on

If you have a meter you can touch the probes on the connectors (one on earth somewhere and one on different terminals) and switch on then you will see what comes on.

It is trial and error and you can’t do too much damage well blow a fuse at worst I would say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I mounted mine to a constant power cable and a killswitch between, placed into the housing of my armrest - turn on and off as you please

1 - 6 of 6 Posts