Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this garage has a 1999 r34 gt for sale for 12 grand. in silver looks good, but 2.0ltr six.

wot about taking my engine out (r33 2.5gts-t) and swapping for the r34`s?
can this be done? would i need to change the gearbox etc...
more importantly.... is it worth it?
can get the engine swap done for nothing, although my mate does not know that yet, hehe.
so total cost, assuming i sell the r33 with the 2.0ltr at 6k, 5.5k more towards new car plus about a 1k in hassle, time and extra bitty thingy wotsits...
total cost to me 7k plus 5.5k from sale = 12.5k for a `99 r34 gts-t, 40k on clock mmmmm....
need to look into this futher though, brakes etc...
any one dun elt lik this b4?:D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Is the R34 non-turbo - if so I would guess that you'd have to change the ecu as well.

For around another 2 grand you should be able to find a 2.5turbo r34 gtt. You'd then get a lot more for selling your R33. And if you eventually sell the R34 it'd be worth more than a butchered version.

If you've spent a fortune modding your R33 engine then it might be worth it, otherwise I would think not, especially since a standard 2.5t GTT has more power and torque than a standard R33 GTS25T. (280 bhp vs 250bhp, can't remember the torque figures but 10-15% more for GTT).

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
different loom , different technology, different computer, different internals to the car.

hmmm

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Nick,

Dont waste your money on an non turbo version, you will regret it and 12k is a lot of money for a non turbo car.

As Richard says, engine swaps from R33 to R34 are nothing but grief and not worth the aggro.

If you are looking for a really nice low mileage R34 Turbo, let me know, I have 4 really nice cars at not a lot more money! They all have full Nissan Service \History etc and are all Grade 4.5 cars!

I can e-mail loads of colour pics of all of our R34's so just send me a e-mail on :
[email protected] and I will send them back to you.

Best Regards

Stuart
Seaford Car Imports
Skylines'r'us

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers stuart, yhpm,
cheers sarky
cheers richard

if ya dont ask!
would have kept me busy i thought...
will have to decorate house now instead - bugger!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts