Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Im finally managed to put my self together and start this thread of my stupidly expensive project for R33 RB25 Spec 2 so far have thrown at it 15k just for parts,
since im doing it all my self im saving tons on labour, cos the car is being modified inside out, including head, block, fuelsystem, boot, DIY 3.5" exhaust system twin muffler and entire wiring loom....

Im aiming for 500 bhp at the wheels!!!!

All work is being done in single garage, while car is sitting outside....

I will post some pictures soon my project has been running over a year now so will try to slowly feed the pictures in.....

Thanks for viewing this thread and please leave comments, ideas, suggestions, arguments, and the rest.....

Roland....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE!

Hi! Finally sorted all my pictures out and gonna start from very beginning!

Day one back in 1900's (june 2008) i saw this thing that change my life :)

AT JAP Performance in Bradford!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lovely looking car already, really looking forward to seeing what you have done with it. Please tell me you kept the wheels the finish is stunning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O yes the outside is left the same it just doesnt get better than this :) I only done few things to the look of it minor touch ups, you will see that later ill try to go trough entire story....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah you always want more and more, its hard to finish project and think that is it, there will always be more upgrades available and new projects....

Im trying to get most of it modified this time, just follow this thread and you will see, its one hell of a job.....

here is a snap of my bodykit brand

this is where you can get it:

http://www.gpsports.co.jp/

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turbo!!!

O Yeas!! Thank you!!! Its been off road for 3 years now, and im desperate to get it back on road... Just keep coming up with new ideas and new parts showing up on market like always :funny:

Ok back to history:
When i saw this car i just could not leave it there for sale for some one else, i was ready for anything to get it, my limit before i seen this was 5k, the car price was 7k but that didnt stop me from buying it got the loan and all job done :)

Now it wasnt ready for sale yet they had to fix some issues on body work and little bits around the car...

So they made me wait for two weeks till i could come and collect it, jeeeezzzz these where longest 2 weeks in my life i just couldn't wait.....

In the end i got it felt rather happy :):):):)

Next day after i bought it my foot got quite heavy already....

I was coming out of a corner flat out sideways when i heard some bang and loads of smoke behind me, guess what turbo shiet it self, since this was a lovely stock ceramic internals turbo!!!!

So i took it off and thats wat i saw :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Upgrade!

Luckily car had some warranty cover that paid out 500gbp just enough to buy turbo kit from conceptua tunning :) YEEEEEY!!!! My first upgrade was done!!!! :)))

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First upgrade done....

After turbo got fitted, give it a bit of wash, and took some more shots, car was quite packed with gadgets... when i put all upgrade prices together it came out to be over 7k so i think it was a very good purchase, more or less got car for nothing :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
history update!!

Yeah it used to be clean now its got English weather signature on the bottom unfortunately.. yeah wheels are pretty special, when i see them first time i could not believe my eyes what i see.... :)

Ok so after turbo was changed my car did run for a quite a while, but as we all know if you put bigger turbo it needs remap, well i did not quite pay attention to that, i just tried to avoid going flat out what was quite hard so i kept watching out for engine management light flashing.....

it helped but not for long, at 160mph flat out i noticed that my car slowed down a bit even thou my foot was in the floor.....

dropped down to 70 mph i was on my way home to see whats happened when i stopped car was iddling rough and lots of smoke, so i knew thats it i finally killed it time for build.... here is what i saw when i took it apart!!!!

SIMPLY DETONATION!!!!! Thats when i started listening to others.... :spank:

·
this is me take it or do one....that simple
4,082 Posts
Ooohhhh dear not looking good there pal

·
HugoBoss
70 Posts
Beautiful car, just looking at those pistons hurts, yea we sometimes just insist on learning the hard way, lol, happens to the best of us.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
History Update!!!

Here is more pictures of previous build!!! Have not been posting anything for a while been busy on current project and of course running in all sorts of issues like always!!!

Here is a standard upgrades:
CP Pistons
Eagle conrods
ACL bearings
XTD Clutch
Greddy style Plenum manifold
new n1 water and oil pump
1.5mm mls gasket
ARP head and crank studs
Greddy timing belt
Deachwerks 740cc injectors
Topped up with conceptua hybrid turbo!!!

Thanks for watching!!! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts