Skyline Owners Forum banner

R33 Rb25det won't idle.

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mushy13.. 
#1 ·
Hi guys need your help, after fixing a idle problem 2 weeks ago now the car won't idle at all, I'm hoping it's not the fuel pump, what are your thoughts, the car starts and when it comes off of fast idle it dies, but starts every time the key is turned.

#2 ·
What was the previous fix? Sounds like they'd be related. There's an idle control valve somewhere:
RB25DET IAC Valve
[without one] "... if you are hardon the gas at all and then you lift your foot off the gas you need to keep your foot on the throttle to modulate the gas as you come down in the rpms. if you fail to do that the car will stall 100% of the time." (4th post)
Otherwise could be something like MAF problem, but I'm no expert.

#3 ·
Yeah it runs with the use of the pedal but won't idle by it's self, and the previous problem was the IAC valve, I changed it and thought the problem was fixed, the car ran like a top, but after letting it sit for a few day's it seems the IAC isn't working at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.