Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've undone the 2 bolts underneath the seats, but the seat won't budge! I know there are hooks underneath, but I can't figure out which way to move the seat so they un-hook! I've tried moving it every way possible but it doesn't seem to want to budge!

Help!

Thanks,
Ben

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Slip a screwdriver between the 2 metal prongs and push :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slip a screwdriver between the 2 metal prongs and push :)

Doesn't seem to be working. I'm pushing the screwdriver against the back of the plastic part that is hooking on the metal. Am trying to lift the seats at the same time. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Ben

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
It WILL bend the seats if you just rip them upwards.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did mine last year the bolts are the easy part, i placed a large long screw driver just under the metal prong push down on the handle using it as levrage and pulling the seat up at the same time. Soon heard a pop which the prong coming out, reapeated on other side then it just unhooked.

Hope thats helps

·
Registered
62 Posts
pri bar or big screwdriver works everytime. i normally do it just next to the prong and it doesnt damage anything

·
Registered
359 Posts
Waych your head on the roof when you pull! They take some force to pull them out and I always end up whacking my head! :doh:

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have just taken my back seats out

what i had to do was wedge a screw driver under the prongs
and lift .the plastic case the the prongs sit in will come out to but then i just put them back in after

it took me for ever to do it and yes watch your head on the roof

·
Registered Nutter!
1,118 Posts
Just done mine, forgot to take the bolts at the bottom 1st! Ouch my poor hands :D
On the plus side found £1.05! bonus!

·
Turbo kicked in yo!
372 Posts
when i took mine out i found a japenese reciept for 12000 whatever the currency is!
i just pushed a screw driver into the whole with the prongs in, wiggled it about :gay: and pulled at the same time and they popped out easily.
didnt even bang my head :uy:
lol

·
On the other side of the world in a 5.4ltr V8!
1,191 Posts
lol... same here.... cant beat the universal screwdriver!

Also, if you remove the back part of the seat lift it up! not pull it. The seat latches into 2 metal prongs that stop it pulling forward.... as I found out when I bent the seat.....:spank:

·
Registered Nutter!
1,118 Posts
:D

I found and still have ( i think ) a map of some kind in Japanese!
I think it was from the docks when it was shipped?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts