Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some lovely Nismo clear repeaters from the GF for my Birthday, but I'm having issues fitting them (I know, I know, should be easy...).

Any hints and tips? I've removed the nearside original one, but that was a scary job (didn't want to knacker my paintwork etc.).

Now I can't fit the new one, or fit the old one (gave up last night in the dark).

It seems the things won't go in far enough on the 'hook' side, so that the 'latch' bit won't go through the hole. I can't force it that hard, as the wing bends alarmingly... :eek:

Does anyone have any helpful handy hints on this?

Would it be easier to remove the wheel arch liner, in which case how does this come out - looks to be screws plus plastic round 'clip' things (circle of plastic with a round plastic bit in the centre) - how do these come out?

Cheers,

Ru'

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorted it! :D

Rather than trying to fit the non-bendable hook first, and then trying to push in the screwed-on bendable latch (this seemed to be the obvious way to me) I did it the other way round.

Fitted it in with the screwed-on bendable latch, then drove the other hooked end home. Job's a guddun.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Thats the sprit matey, start small and work you way up to an engine rebuild!!:)

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, they look great :D

I've also got some new number plates - same reg, but they're slightly smaller and have the blue 'GB' bit down the side like new ones do. They're also proper reflective ones.

Fitted the front one before it started raining today, and it makes a suprising difference to the look of the car.

Just need some clear front indicators and it'll look fine - I wish there was a decent alternative to the d-speed ones, as they're pretty expensive :(

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just need some clear front indicators and it'll look fine - I wish there was a decent alternative to the d-speed ones, as they're pretty expensive :(
What do yours look like? On my first 33 GTS-T, years back, I bought a Nismo 400R front bumper and replaced the round Orange indicators with clear sides from a Mazda MX5. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts