Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found these the other day

The Nismo 400R ,was released in febuary 1996 with a limited run of 99 vehicles.
these cars cost £65.000 had a bored out and strengthened GTR engine coded "RBX-GT2" (2771cc displacement and a Nismo intercooler) with a 10,000rpm limit.

The R33 never competed in Group A racing because the class was abolished after its predecessor the R32 won all 29 races in one season!!!
No-one wanted to race the awesome Skylines after that.

The R33 is the ninth generation of nissan Skyline, and was manufactured from 1993-1999.

Nissan released a 4-door version of the GTR called the Autech to celebrate the skylines 40th birthday.
This car had all the features of the GTR V-spec, but with 4 doors and more room in the back.
there was also a nismo version, which was similar to the 400R but only had 380bhp.

V-spec means Victory Specification

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i researched quite a bit before buying my car and found out that the first skyline was made by a firm called prince in 1966 which in turn was bought by nissan who kept the model, since then there have been quite a few different models available.one thing they all have in common....round lights at the rear.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Learn something(s) new every day..
Have heard about the Prince Skyline thing somewhere before but cant remember where.. Possibly Discovery Channel..

Anyone got anymore useful info for us unlearn-ed ones.. aka me

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
might explain the blue prince stickers on the back of mine when i got it then

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Is that why Prince sang about a little red corvette, cos they have the same rear lights ?
Now who nicked the idea off whom, Ferrari, Corvette, Skyline

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
tonysmiff said:
is that the vett with the mad engine?
Certainly looks like it...... can't remeber the figures but it was certainly a HUGE amount of horsepower.

IIRC, the original bill of sale for my car was from Prince garage (supplied to a British Expat:) ) . Is this the same 'Prince' as the original Prince skylines?

N

·
0 Posts
prince skyline ALSI & BLRA , 1957-1963
prince skyline S50, 1963-1968
skyline C10 , 1968- 1972 nissan took over in 66
skyline C110, 1972-1977
skyline C210 , 1977- 1981
skyline R30 , 1981-1985
skyline R31 , 1985 - 1989

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
If I remeber correctly...

Those Prince stickers on the backs of your Skylines are from the Japanese dealership. Nissan Prince is apparently a huge network in Japan, and were the first to offer the Skyline for sale. My one came from Osaka Nissan Prince originally.

E

·
0 Posts
tonysmiff said:
is that the vett with the mad engine?
Yeh it is. Over 1000 bhp & just as much torque. He`s got a web site all about the car & the build.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
right heres 1 for you guys!!
what was the standard colours on the 32, 33 and 34 skylines?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Is there a prize for not knowing ?
Just tell us and save us the effort of looking it up,
Oh OK I will start

Black
Silver
Gunmetal
Red

I can sing a rainbow

1 - 20 of 44 Posts