Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some dial rings and been asked this question.

There are two types of instrument cluster front facia/bezel in R33 models. One is curved and another one is flat. Please confirm if the one you have in your skyline looks like the pic in item description.

My car is 30 miles away from me at the mo and I have only just bought it so don't know the answer. Anyone car to enlighten me :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mmm. Anyone got a spec 2 near by and fancy checking for me? Already ordered them :-/

Does say they fit GTS GTR as it is just the chrome bits I am buying. So just worried about it being curved or flat

:cheers:

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
I have a spec 2 its also miles away in a garage but i looked at these and im pretty sure the dash on mine is flat.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mmm I got someone to go look at it. He is not entirely clued up on what I was talking about or cars in general but he said it was flat. If they are wrong they will be up for sale on here pretty soon lol.

Will teach me to be impatient and just check first wont it :-/

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
ah.. ok..
(posh git lol)

also looking at the bevelled edge on the clusters im not sure the rings i have will fit either..
the guy that sells them wasnt too clear on whether its the dial edges or the instrument cluster he's talking about when he said "a curved speedo front bezel"

but i ordered this one instead
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-SKYLINE-R33-GTR-GTS-CHROME-GAUGE-RINGS-SURROUNDS_W0QQitemZ290301116527QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item290301116527&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

·
516ATF and RWD......Nutter!!
1,685 Posts
Most spec 2s have the curved dials....fit like a dream....I know someone who's got them.
Look good.....didn't think it would be long before EVERYONE had them.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
also looking at the bevelled edge on the clusters im not sure the rings i have will fit either..
the guy that sells them wasnt too clear on whether its the dial edges or the instrument cluster he's talking about when he said "a curved speedo front bezel"
]
This is what threw me. In the middle of a barny with the missus didn't help matters.

So I do have the wrong ones I reckon. The bevel edge is what we should go with I reckon.

The carbon look on the link looks good too. Where can I get that :D

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
maybe your is in the transfer stage for spec 1 to 2

that picture is from a 1993 L reg

I have a 1996 N reg and thats that same as the pic i posted

Mines is a late 1996 p plate I dont know but it was something I was going to ask when i first seen those on ebay just never got round to it.. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts