Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I bought a R33 (1993 GTS25 Series 1 RB25DE) last week and it’s quite meth spec lol. It hadn’t been started In 7 years allegedly and I believe it due to the state of everything. It had been attempted stolen and the ignition barrel is damaged so I had to do the ‘ol Hotwire trick to get accessories and start. It had an aftermarket alarm system installed which worried me at first, but it was just spliced into the factory harness so I removed all of that crap and put it back to factory.

First issue I had was a dead fuel pump, wasn’t priming at all. Replaced that, still no action just cranks but no boom. Replaced the fuel filter too and pulled a line after it pumped it’s getting fuel all the way past the filter no problems there, plenty of pressure too shoots a lot of fuel when priming.

Next I replaced all the plugs, checked every fuse, tested compression on all cylinders got strong consistent numbers across the board no issue there. I took off the CAS, unplugged the coils and gave it a twist I can hear injectors clicking so that wiring must be ok there. Unplugged injectors, plugged in coils one by one and heard each one fire so spark must be ok, giving me confidence in the ignitor on top. But still no action.

sprayed some starter fluid in the intake and it would roar to life but only for as long as it had that fluid. Removed the plugs and they are dry so I have reason to believe the injectors are not firing under start conditions for some reason? I had my brother hold the multimeter on the injector fuse (fuse is ok I’ve tested that) while I crank and it’s not reading any voltage which supports my argument of it not being told to fire.

At this stage I’m thinking it may be ECU related as I could hear the injectors when I twist the CAS (meaning they have the ability to get power, so likely not a wiring issue to the injectors) but that fuse won’t get a reading when I try to stat it so it’s definitely not injecting fuel when I try to start it... is there any immobiliser on these cars? Would a faulty CAS prevent injection? I may have to look even further in the loom for any more messed bits but so far the passenger footwell looks untouched and I’ve put everything back factory under the steering column so I don’t know what to do from here :(

any help be greatly appreciated because I am fresh out of ideas at this point...

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Where did you check fuel flow/pressure? Was it before or after the FPR?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you check fuel flow/pressure? Was it before or after the FPR?
I only took the top fuel line off the fuel filter and it shot a lot of fuel while priming. I don’t have a fuel pressure tester unfortunately :/ I’m in the process of changing the CAS, a mechanic told me if it has bad/no crank signal it will cut power to the injectors so I’ll update when I’ve done that.

I tried to replace the CAS sensor in the housing but I ended up damaging the internals so now I’ve got to order a whole CAS unit :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: I tested power to the injectors and they getting power, tested power and ground to the CAS all good, installed a new CAS (a second hand CAS) no action. When I spin the CAS I can hear the injectors all click one by one so I’m not sure why no fuel is making it to the combustion chamber. I pulled a line off the FPR and it getting fuel there too.

A local mechanic shop (literally have 5 skylines at their shop at any given time) said that since the car hasn’t been started in 7 years maybe the injectors are clogged. I heard that clogged injectors can prevent starting but really all 6 injectors failing to inject? I’m gonna take em out over the weekend probably get them cleaned anyway...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts